Monday, November 19, 2012

Is Technorati Still A Good Source For Bloggers


When I have started basic blogging a few years ago Technorati was seen as a giant of the social media. It was the time of booming. All bloggers was working to put their posts by technorati, digg and stumble upon.
Technorati measure the rank of your blog according to your competitors and their rankings effect on your rankings. Its kind of bloggers search engine who gives them rank as similar to the google page rank algorithm.
Technorati as a blog may have little authority by way of links to their blog, but may be influential in terms of Social Media and driving traffic from these channels.
Well Technorati is still good Social bookmaking site I think there is a massive shift towards social media at the moment.
Sites like Twitter and Facebook are becoming important arenas for bloggers to expand their reach.
If you are unfamiliar with Technorati then I suggest you have a look and do a search for your blog, see how you rank. It is essentially a website that attempts to rank blogs on their ‘authority’.
I suppose only time will tell whether Technorati will remain a good judge for blog success but for the meantime I think it is still a very useful tool and one that can still help you to grow your blog.
I am writing this post because of telling you about the Technorati, and I have also claim my own blog on Technorati, and to approve the claiming process, they want me to add the following code in my posts and it should appear in RSS to complete the authority verification process.
6SGYV2QZBU73
  • David
    I personally think that the hype of technorati has been so low, that most of the blogger nowadays don’t use or don’t know much about it. It is much similar to alexa.com, but technorati is more based on the blog websites, instead of all the website present in the global internet.
    I have never used technorati, and didn’t knew much about it, until I read this article. I will surely check it out.
  • Manish
    Me too, I never knew much about Technorati, since it is a blog search engine, it must had been famous one time, when the blogging had been taking place.
    But the master of search engine- Google has taken all over the global internet, and I think very rare use other type of search engine to find website(s) like Technorati, also Google has the option to find blog websites only as well. So, due to these reasons, these type of search engines are used very rarely.

No comments:

Post a Comment